Vegan Raw Pad Thai
Vegan and Raw Pad Thai that any carnivore will love
This recipe, although it is vegan and vegetarian, is absolutely delicious and has become one of mine and Laura’s favorites. You could easily add prawns to this and make it pescetarian with no problem.
- 1 or 2 zucchinis
- 1 or 2 large carrots
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 or 2 red onions
- 1 purple or red cabbage
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 or 3 chopped spring onions
- 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter (I like one with seeds in it)
- 1 Tablespoon of tamarind paste
- 1 Tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of lemongrass paste
- 1 or 2 finely chopped red chilis
- 1 Tablespoon of finely chopped ginger
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- Juice from a couple of limes
To prepare the dish, thinly Julienne the carrots, peppers and zucchini as long as possible. You could use a spiralizer as well if you have one. Thinly slice the onions and cabbage, as thin as possible I suggest. Mix all cut veggies in a large bowl and then slice the spring onions and chop the cilantro. Add about half of that to the veggies and mix well.
For the sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix very well. Get the mixture as smooth as possible and then coat the veggies well by adding small amounts of sauce at a time. I find that it mixes best if you get your hands there and don’t even bother with a spoon or utensil of any sort.